Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Opinions on new Corel X6

Is Corel X6 worth $159 upgrade when I’m happy with Xara for most things. I also use AdobeCS3, but no where near as much as I used to. What I do like about Corel is the fonts and clipart packages along with the Font Navigator. The only thing I have found worthwhile in the main program is the tracing function. However, I have not had time to use it in depth. As I like Photoshop I have not bothered looking at Corel Photopaint. Every program has it’s own merits, but I would be interested in the opinions of others on this issue
    IP

Default Re: Opinions on new Corel X6

Hi Phil I have moved your post to the Corel forum.

I have not upgraded from Corel Draw X4. The upgrade email came in a few days ago but I did not see anything that made the upgrade attractive for me.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

I downloaded the trial and I have to say that it is actually really good, I skipped x5 so have not used alot of the features in this compared to x4, for me as a commercial printer I have to say that the colour management is on a par now with illustrator cs5, the colours now print off our presses as they are meant to. We use both illustrator and x4 here (I personally prefer corel since I have around 20 years of it's use under the belt) and the only thing that let coreldraw down in the past was the colour management. Will be upgrading very soon.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Is Corel X6 worth $159 upgrade when I’m happy with Xara for most things. I also use AdobeCS3, but no where near as much as I used to. What I do like about Corel is the fonts and clipart packages along with the Font Navigator. The only thing I have found worthwhile in the main program is the tracing function. However, I have not had time to use it in depth. As I like Photoshop I have not bothered looking at Corel Photopaint. Every program has it’s own merits, but I would be interested in the opinions of others on this issue
    I have used Corel Draw for their tracing also. the conveince of having twain support in a vector program is important to me. Corel Draw B-spline tool really is great.
    IP