Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Fill problems

Default Fill problems

I have been working on this for a couple days now, and can't figure out what my problem is. I have used the fill tool a lot in the older versions of Xara Designer Pro, but just started using version 7

I created a combination of objects, then Grouped them into 1 object. Then I cut them into 3 parts. Now I want to create a Circular Fill at one end of one of the separated objects, but every time I try it, it end up changing the objects color to black, with the white Circular fill in the center, and all the parts of the object are gone. What am I doing wrong here. Like I said I have used this took many times in the past, just not with this new version. I thought it would work the same as the older versions.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

Default Re: Fill problems

I assume you used CTRL-1 to add the shapes to each other? Then drew a line across a part of the previous shape, then pressed CTRL-4 to slice them, then did it again on another part to arrive at the three pieces?

That is what I did to the attached.

Take care, Mike
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-25 15-40-03_Xara Designer Pro 7 - [Untitled1 _].png 
Views:	98 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	89067

No what I did was create 7 objects, used the fill on the different parts to get the pattern I wanted as shown in this 1st pictureClick image for larger version. 

Name:	7_shapes.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	89069

Then if I hit ctrl+1 I get this.

Name:	Ctr_+_1.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	3.9 KB 
ID:	89070

I have to use "Group" ctrl+G" to make one object. Then if I select "Fill, with Circular style, I get this.

Name:	Fill_with_Circular_attrabutes.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	89071

Now when you say draw a line through it to slice the parts, are you referring to The Rectangle tool to draw the line, or is there another way to draw a line?

Thanks for the help here.

Michael

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

When you hit ctrl +1 you get one shape you don't need to group it. You can fill it as desired then simply draw a line or lines through it using the straight line tool, the shape editor tool, or the free hand tool select the shape and lines and hit ctrl +4 to slice it (do this once for each line)

Name:	sliced fill.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	89074
    Last edited by angelize; 26 April 2012 at 04:41 AM. Reason: added image
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.