Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navigation Bar Problems.

This is my first post here.
    Sorry if it's a bit long winded, but this is driving me crazy!

I recently got my copy of Web Designer MX & impressed with the program-BUT-when I first ran the program I got a message "Xara Web Designer MX is currently not registered for .web files"

When I clicked on the Register Now button I got another message " Web Designer was unable to create this file association as you do not have sufficient privileges on this machine. Program must be run by a user with Administration privileges"

Problem here is that there is just the one user account on my pc, & it has admin privileges.
    A submitted a support ticket & was told to uncheck the box that asks if the program should check for registered .WEB files each time it loads.
    I've done this but now have no way of knowing if the .WEB files are registered.

So, not sure if the above is related to my problem, but I'm making a site for a local pub & have created 4 pages.
    I have a navigation bar, but when I highlight a tab & click on the link button my pages are not listed in the drop down Link To menu.
    I just get "previous page". "next page" & the name of the page I'm currently on.
    My pages all have .WEB suffixes i.e. index.web, menu.web etc.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Default Re: Navigation Bar Problems.

Hi Philcope, welcome to TG

Quote Originally Posted by philcope View Post
    I've done this but now have no way of knowing if the .WEB files are registered.
    If you click a .WEB file and MX loads with the file then the file type is registered with the software.

Quote Originally Posted by philcope View Post
    My pages all have .WEB suffixes i.e. index.web, menu.web etc.
    Dont give your pages suffixes (suffixi ?) they will automatically be given the correct .htm suffix.

It seems that you have created all your pages in the separate design files (.web files). You should add pages to a singe design file instead. Your design file represents entire website you are creating. To add a page to the design, go to main menu, "Edit / Pages / New page". To manage existing pages, open Page & Layer Gallery.
    John.

Thanks for your help covoxer-all sorted now-phew!