Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pages won't change on published site

Maybe someone can help with this. I built up a site, works fine in preview. Published it, and the pages won't change via the navigation bar unless I right mouse click and choose open link.

Any ideas?

Jeff

Default Re: Pages won't change on published site

Update, this problem only exists on my own PC on Windows Explorer 9 (Windows 7). Other people and other browsers seem to be ok. Very strange.

Jeff

Your URL please?

FTP in and delete all of the files and then publish and see if that helps.

First, refresh the page in your browser (F5 or Ctrl F5). Often pages get cached in your browser or on the web host's server and refreshing the page or forced refreshing of the page--Ctrl F5) will often bring up the most recent changes.

Another thing that frequently happens, though if your visitors can see the changes this will not apply to you, is if you published your site as index.html and then you forget to add the .html, Xara will export the same site as index.htm. .html takes precedence over .htm so even if you republish your site a bunch of times, the old index.html file will load.

Clear your browser history too - Tools > delete browser history. If this doesnt work then F12 key cache > clear browser cache. But usually ctrl + f5 does the trick alone, if other people are able to view the latest version then it must be publishing correctly.

Try downloading another browser, firefox or safari and see what that shows you.