Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Exclamation copy paste function has gone corrupt... HELLLLLP

Hello,

I've posted it earlier... with the installation of the new xara my copy-paste function is gone.... When I select objects on my page and want to copy them to another layer or page (ctrl-shift-v) only the text is kept and is pasted to a random location at the page... This is for me more than 25% of the functionality that is gone... I can not work like this. PLEASE HELP ME finding a solution.
    In earlier posts I have found similar problemdescriptions. It is not windows related... because I can copy-paste foto's in word without problems. When that bitmap is on my clipboard I can copy-paste it into xara without a problem.
    It's Xara that after a few copy-paste actions (and I have the impression after a preview) can not grab all content and place it onto the clipboard.

Experts,.... I need your help.
    I have a workaround by creating to files(sites) and draging my selection onto the second site and than back onto the first. This is good to copy selections...but it sucks to paste them in place.

HELP ME PLEASE...

Thx in advance!
    Gert

Default Re: copy paste function has gone corrupt... HELLLLLP

Do you have any third party clipboard manager or clipboard utility installed?
    There has been one known case where such utilities effect Xara's access to the windows clipboard.

No,

no extra utility, even onenote is not installed.

how do you explain that the first copy-paste actions work, and all at once it doesn't work anymore.

Memory? well... i've checked my memoryuse realtime at the second screen that's attached to my computer, and nothing changes...

It's a win 7 64 bit computer with 4 GB mem. I've cleaned the clipboard with ccleaner ... nothing changes... I need to restart xara to be able to do a few copy-paste functions. And after a restart or 4 this also does'nt work anymore.

Complete reboot is the only solution to start over.

I want my old working xara back. It's only when you notice you miss the functionality of the package you notice its power!

Please help me to find a solution. You have an Idea of how to test it... Let me know and I will test it.

Gert

Gert is your Xara app the only one that has copy and paste issues? Once it does not work in Xara can you open another program and have copy and paste work?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Which method of copy and paste are you using, buttons on the button bar, right click menu or keystrokes? Do any of these work?

64 Bit and 4GB ram will make no difference as xara iws 32 bit program.

Christine

yes, only with xara it happens... When I start up word or photoshop it works fine... When I start webdesigner or mx.... after a few copy-pastes the function is lost.

When the function is lost in xara everything fails... button bar /ctrl+C/right click menu...

I suggest you open a ticket with xara support..
    http://support.xara.com