Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Bad default placeholder code for MP4 in Firefox 11

Hi, I've attached a pic of the event that occurs in Firefox 11 when I add an MP4 video with the default generated placeholder code.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bad-vid-code.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	89021

The video plays fine (top), the Video frame "...format or MIME type..." below is anomalous. Anyone have a quick fix?

Thanks,

Alex

Default Re: Bad default placeholder code for MP4 in Firefox 11

Never seen that lower player thingy before, it's completely different to the xara player. Have you any FF extensions which might be interefering or some other embedded player code on the page?

Maybe you can attach the the xara file here and let us take a look, or at least supply the URL so we can have a look via FF 11.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Never seen that lower player thingy before, it's completely different to the xara player. Have you any FF extensions which might be interefering or some other embedded player code on the page?

Maybe you can attach the the xara file here and let us take a look, or at least supply the URL so we can have a look via FF 11.
    I have seen it and had it with a drag and drop Flv in ff - extensions used are web developer tool and firebug. So you are not the only one. Removed the file redid it still the same so removed the player for that page and used other graphics

Scruffy
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Thanks for the replies guys,

It appears that it was my fault after-all. When hacking the code to change "loop=true" to "loop=false", I must have introduced a typo error. This is the only thing I can think of -- after deleting and replacing the placeholder, it worked fine. I did find an excellent article on HTML5 video, while researching alternatives: http://diveintohtml5.info/video.html.

While on this subject, can anyone tell me if the videos play on iOS devices and Androids? They do play on Windows Phone 7.

Thanks,

Alex