Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem with Innovate_Page 6

I have got a problem with template Innovate_Page 6, in Webdesigner 8, 7 and Designer Pro 7.

After loading pictures and resizing them, the texts that I enter seem to randomly attach to other pictures in the same page. Most often the text of the first two pictures becomes the same, editing any text will change the text at both pictures.

I have tried everything to undo this false text attachment, like editing while selecting and locking items in the Page & Layer Gallery, but once mixed up, you will have to start over again.
    Every now and then the page will work correct, but I don't like doing my work with trial and error...

Anybody willing to try and reproduce this? Hints and tips?

(Xara support thought it was due to a bad template in the version I installed, send me a replacement, but that didn't work. Since I've tried in other Xara programs and on different computers, all same result.)

Default Re: Problem with Innovate_Page 6

Yes, I can reproduce that behaviour. Thank you for reporting Wreckless Eric!

What troubles this example is the text-synchronization for multi-layer-buttons. In the Innovate_Page6 template it is triggered when the texts for two pictures are made the same while editing. Then these texts are linked together and are kept synchronized from then on.

First aid: when working with Innovate_Page6 you remove the text from the soft group (CTRL+click the text when you're in selector tool, then use menu "Arranage->Remove Soft Group").
    Last edited by kmario; 25 April 2012 at 12:51 PM.

Default Re: Problem with Innovate_Page 6

Quote Originally Posted by kmario View Post
    Yes, I can reproduce that behaviour. Thank you for reporting Wreckless Eric!

What troubles this example is the text-synchronization for multi-layer-buttons. In the Innovate_Page6 template it is triggered when the texts for two pictures are made the same while editing. Then these texts are linked together and are kept synchronized from then on.

First aid: when working with Innovate_Page6 you remove the text from the soft group (CTRL+click the text when you're in selector tool, then use menu "Arranage->Remove Soft Group").

Thanks for your help.
    With the problem explained and a reasonable work around I can continue my work!!! This will not cause sleepless nights any more!