Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Bug list for WD8?

Works perfectly fine on my Galaxy S2 running Gingerbread and on my ASUS TF101 running ICS.
    Fits the screen in both orientations, pinch to zoom working well.

GS2
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SC20120429-203130.png 
Views:	154 
Size:	247.0 KB 
ID:	89117Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SC20120429-203121.png 
Views:	152 
Size:	226.3 KB 
ID:	89118

ASUS TF101

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-29-20-55-46.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	89119Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-29-20-55-38.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	89120

Hi Sledger. I have an android and and ipad, and Glugwine's site displays incorrectly in portrait on the android and the ipad. It opens large in the corner on my iphone. Two weeks ago I updated a site in MX that I created in WDP7. It has been displaying well on ios devices. However, today I did an update on the site (using MX) and now this site is no longer displaying as it was, and it is opening in the top left of my iphone and ipad, and where once it use to display the whole page in portrait on my android, it now displays part of the page and I have to scroll right to see all of the page. On the android I can not pinch it in to make it smaller to fit the screen. This site, which displayed well on the iphone last week, is now opening large in the left hand side of the phone. I decided today to test with one of the sites that I mentioned in this thread that worked well on the iphone. It also displayed in full in portrait mode on the android, and displayed well on the ipad. The result now is that the pages no longer display in the browser. The site I just published through MX is www.lilyandthedreamdogs.com , and as mentioned in the thread yesterday, this was displaying pages in full on all devices. I am now pretty apprehensive about doing any updates using MX, because of this display problem. Just over a week ago I checked for updates for MX and an update was uploaded. Since this update any sites I update or create through MX and then publish are not displaying well. Could there have been a bug in the update?
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

I just also did some changes on billybirddesigns.com and that is now no longer displaying well in the browser, although it was previously. Yikes, I am getting a wee bit grumpy about this.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

[QUOTE=sledger;440936]Abi, this site was actually exported using DW MX rather than version 7.
    <meta name="Generator" content="Xara HTML filter v.5.0.0.939"/>

So if billybirddesigns appears fine on your iPhone then MX is unlikely the cause of the other sites not displaying as expected.
    It could be another reason.

I just also did some changes on billybirddesigns.com and that is now no longer displaying well in the browser, although it was previously. Yikes, I am getting a wee bit grumpy about this

Hi Abi,

I don't have any iOS devices, but I have viewed billybirddesigns.com on my android phone and pad but do not see the problems you mention.
    As with the other site about (see my screenshots) it displays well on both devices and in both orientations.

Android pad (ASUS TF101)

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-29-22-00-19.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	89121Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-29-22-00-13.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	89122

As a test, could you please manually remove this line from your published index.htm

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"/>

And replace it with

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 29 April 2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: smelling

Umm? How do I do this? I really appreciate your time on this issue Sledger. Thanks.

Well there's two ways I would do this, one is to edit the index.htm using FileZilla.

Name:	edit-filezilla.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	89123

Or you could open the index.htm in notepad on your PC and do it there.

Hi Sledger. I did the replacement in notepad via pc and published the site again, but it is still displaying too large in the ios browsers. But thanks for the suggestion. Cheers, Abi

Last try:

To disable the viewport metatag, add following name to any object in the document:

NoViewportMeta

You must have the 16th April update installed for this to take affect.

Removing this meta will render the head section identical to version 7 output.

Hi Sledger. I tried your last suggestion but no joy. However, using your other suggestions I came up with the following solution :
    Go to WEB PAGE PROPERTIES >Website>HTML Code Head and paste in the following
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=0.33"/>
    push APPLY and then OK and then export files to your folder, then SAVE.

The initial-scale=0.33 works well for all sites up to 1000px width. Anything over that change the value of the scale to 0.3 .

If you have google analytics code in this head, just leave a line between that code and this code.

I would like to thank Sledger very much for the help given to this thread, and without his ideas and suggestions I would not have been able to work this out. Thanks again Sledger. Cheers, Abi
    Last edited by Abikadabra; 30 April 2012 at 05:56 AM.