Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Bug list for WD8?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotstu View Post
    only the top left of the page appears and cannot be reduced to view the page.
    Zoom then pinch out to reduce. Works fine on my GS2 for those MX exported sites which load at 100% resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Zoom then pinch out to reduce. Works fine on my GS2 for those MX exported sites which load at 100% resolution.
    Not on my Galaxy Note still have the same issue and cannot zoom out. I have just 'reloaded a site' with version 7 and it views OK on the Note now. Hopefully Xara will have a 'fix' soon. I presume Apple users are viewing Xara sites fine as this 'fix' was for those devices. I will try the other suggested fix later.

No Glugwine, if you read through the thread you will see it is a problem mainly on apple devices. My iphone and ipad display MX sites zoomed in the top left corner, and this is also the case on my Toshiba android. I did add some code so that sites displayed correctly in portrait orientation on iphones, but this effected how they displayed in landscape orientation, although they displayed correctly on Sledger's devices. DigitalVisual suggested in this thread to add code that includes the width of the page<meta name="viewport" content="width=955"> . I tried this, but it did not alter how the site displayed on the apple devices. My clients want their sites to display as a whole page in portrait orientation on iphones and ipads, so I have gone back to the playing around with the code that displays the site in portrait orientation but is a bit dodgy in landscape orientation. I am sure someone will come up with a fix soon. Be ell oh oh dee why apple devices...
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

Abikadabra,

Sorry my idea didn't work for you. But, just to clarify... I only said to set the content="width= to 955 because that was how wide my web page was. Ultimately set the content="width= to whatever width your page is. But, too bad it didn't work out on Apple devices. Guess I'm right there with you and everyone else hoping/waiting on a fix.

Hi DigitalVisual. Yes, I did set the content width to the individual sizes of the pages. They displayed well on my mother-in-law's Samsung and on my friend's nokia, but they did not display well on the apple devices. So I think it is an apple thing. Unfortunately for me, most of my clients are apple freaks! Oh well, I am sure a fix is just around the corner.....hoping..hoping..
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

I sent a ticket to Xara but have not heard anything I assume they are creating a fix as we speak!
    Anyone else heard from Xara regarding the mobile viewing issues or found a fix?

Had a reply from Xara below;

A workaround will be released in the coming weeks. Apologies for the delay in resolving this. At present all i can recommend is manually removing the tag. Once the next update is released you will be able to resolve this through a workaround in the program. Id recommend contacting us again towards the end of next week and we should have a clearer picture as to when this workaround can be applied.

Anyone know what the tag is?

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"/>

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"/>
    Thanks Sledger