Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Bug list for WD8?

Is there a bug list for WD8 yet? I've found a few hit-or-miss bugs/questions. Some may be knuckle-headedness on my part:

- Un-soft grouping sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Adding another soft-group, and then un-soft grouping all of them seems to be a work around.
    - The "replace all" photo option when dragging an image into WD8 doesn't pull up the proper prompt in animations. I'm having to replace each image separately.

I can just add to this post or if there is a more legitimate area for these kinds of reports, let me know.

Default Re: Bug list for WD8?

I do not know of an official bug list for Web Designer MX but you can post to the Dear Xara forum any issues you suspect are a bug. Please provide steps to reliably reproduce the problem and if possible a sample file.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I upgraded to MX8 and was happy to pay the price of just under 50 bucks simply to have a version of xara that enabled IOS users the ability to click ONCE on buttons/nav bars instead of twice (as in previous versions) to navigate around the site. There are a few frustrating glitches however. One very noticeable one is that internal error messages crop up with incessant regularity and are difficult to bypass and continue working. Another is that often when previewing a site, the programme causes the computer to have a semi 'white-out'/semi freeze (this does not happen when I use WDP7). There are a few other things - such as the photo replacement, especially when dragging a whole gallery from the design gallery...you can replace the photos on the Typo Gallery, but when displaying/previewing and clicking on each photo to replace the large central photo, you just get the original photos from the Typo template. Not making much sense am I...its 1.30am and time for bed. Oh, and another thing is this (copied from another thread started by LuckyMx)

"I have a problem with my website since I updated to xara web designer MX premium. When I view the website on an ipad or iphone on safari the website doesnt scale to the size of the browser automatically. You have to adjust it so you can see the full page width. When i have previously publishedthe site from web designer 7 it use to fit perfectly on to the page. Does anyone have any idea what I could of done wrong and how I can get it to fit the browser perfectly. It still uses the same size pages as it did before when it use to be perfect.Thanks in advance.Don " . Extremely annoying!

Anyway, I am sure that the techs at Xara are working on debugging the new software, and I am sure within a few weeks they will have it sorted and I will be enjoying what I consider to be the easiest and most enjoyable WYSIWYG software I have ever used. I am a fan....
    Last edited by Abikadabra; 24 April 2012 at 06:41 PM.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

A true What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) page is one that is always the same width that you created. A page that resizes to fit the browser is NOT WYSIWYG. It is a Dynamic page that moves the content around so it is not what you saw as you created it. The Design Layout you wanted to present to the world is gone because of someone's browser window.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

That is certainly true Bill, but for some reason in WDP7 a page would display fully on iphones but now it opens in the top left corner of the page and shows up very large. It is a bit frustrating as I upgraded to MX specifically for the one button touch feature for ios devices, and was a bit disappointed that the sizing feature that was evident on WDP7 was no longer available. Perhaps the Xara team will surprise me with a rectification to this problem when next I check for updates on MX. Dreaming.....dreaming....wishing.....
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

for some reason in WDP7 a page would display fully on iphones but now it opens in the top left corner of the page and shows up very large.
    Can you give an example of this please?

a bit disappointed that the sizing feature that was evident on WDP7 was no longer available
    Which sizing feature of WD7P are you referring to? Can you point this out?