Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Embedded Vimeo Video

Hello all! I'm a video producer by trade and I dabble in web design. I'm looking for the best way to embed my Vimeo videos and have them come up in a Highslide type lightbox (take center and dim the page.) Does anyone have a sure fire solution? Preferably one that doesn't cost any money. My videos are hosted on Vimeo but I want them to have a greater aesthetic than just a popup box.

Thanks for your help. Take a look at how they are currently being displayed here: http://ntunemusic.com/multimedia.htm. There has to be a better way.

I'm using the latest Premium MX by the way.

Default Re: Embedded Vimeo Video

one way no cost screen capture the video and player use a pic link to a layer with the embedded code in a placeholder. Bined the placeholder make another bigger shape larger than the video player e.g white rectangle feather say 23 pix send to back then make a big black rectangle to fill the page or screen width as far as you can then send to back so its behined the placeholder and white rectangle make the black rectangle 20% transparency . When linking from the small pic to the layer use effect it choose fade in for e.g .5 second effect. The layer will need to named (lock) layer name and then on the same layer make a close button and put in the link section like a normal link popup:close

no clip to edges in the website properties needed if you want it to fill screen otherwise it will stop at the edge of the page. Dissect this to see what I mean.

Scruffy

highslide video effect.xar

for a few dollars codecanyon has a lot of scipts usually $20 for single website use
    Last edited by scruffy.thedog; 24 April 2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: more info
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Took care of it already using prettyPhoto and it works like a charm.

useful site pixel
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."