Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Not exactly Blackletter

Well, when you put fun and learning together, ideally you get TalkGraphics, Larry.

What if 12 people got together on this thread, each of knowing very little about, say, a website that needs a makeover. We'd exchange what we do know, learn, do a little research, then put our combined skills together and probably be incredibly successful in such a venture.

A magazine could be fun, too.

Where there's a will, there's fun.

-g-

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

So many wonderful ideas Gary! I would like to help out with this font but I can't commit just yet, because I may have a job starting in the beginning of May doing a website for a client and until I know what exactly the client is going to want and when the job will start it's hard for me to judge how much time I'm going to have. and I already said I would do some glyphs for Mike

Hubby and I have been thinking about giving Good Morning Sunshine a makeover anyway, so how about that for a project? Due to the printing process there will be a few things I'll have to go over and we will be restricted to a greyscale layout. (color really gets expensive on a weekly publication)

Thoughts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Even though I know nothing about web site creation, I have been wanting to learn. So I am open to both ideas at this point.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Looks like a much simpler version of gothic lettering. I like this. Great job.

Welcome to the Typography area, LongLiveMedia.

Are you qualified/can you help with this font?

You own Xara, any version, right?

My Best,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    ...Hubby and I have been thinking about giving Good Morning Sunshine a makeover anyway, so how about that for a project? ...
    I would prefer two things about such a project.

(1) It is for print.
    (2) It is for a fictitious company.

Why? Well, I like print work. And in the spirit of the font projects, I don't think any one person should be of direct benefit using the efforts of the group.

However, like many available templates, anything we come up with is directly applicable to many different industries or interests. Good design is "transferable" from one business focus to another.

Take care, Mike

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

good points Mike, lets take this discussion into a new thread of it's own

See new thread here
    Last edited by angelize; 05 June 2012 at 08:12 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.