Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PNG Export Question: The selection uses a transparency type that cannot be held

I get a warning when exporting a .xar file to .png using the True Color+Alpha setting: "The selection uses a transparency type that cannot be held in a standard bitmap." I don't know what this means, nor do I get an option to change anything. Can anyone tell me what this might mean or how I can find what's causing the message and how to correct it?

Jim

Default Re: PNG Export Question: The selection uses a transparency type that cannot be held

you have a transparency type that will possibly not work correctly with a +alpha setting eg: 'stained glass' - anything other than 'mix' may cause this message

it will work with a true colour bitmap copy AFAIK - but then you will need to remove the white

its possible you may get away with it as +alpha though, sometimes it is ok

its also possible exporting as a PSD and then exporting from photshop may be ok but no guarantees
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: PNG Export Question: The selection uses a transparency type that cannot be held

While I don't often receive that message due to my own type of work, when I do I just ignore it and compare the PNG export to what I have in XDP. I cannot recall if the result wasn't ever like the design in XDP. I suspect that because the warning is there, it can happen.

Take care, Mike

also it is not just a visual thing

sometimes it may look okay in one program, but not in another - a point to be aware of - with stained glass the effect is often a colour[hue] shift
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks. I didn't specify any transparency except a no color background. So I selected everything and specified No Transparency. That fixed it. I couldn't tell any difference either way.

Thanks,
    Jim