Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello can any of you experts out there help me? I'm new to Xara, and finding my feet. However I seem to have a problem. When I export in illistrator format i loose some placed art- all that remains is a white box where the graphics used to be.

I'm trying to send it to my printer and it's driving me nuts!- (he doesn't have Xara)please help. if no answer - is there a bureux that can produce films from Xara in the London(England) area? i've tried a few and they can't
    Thanks
    Stephanie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] stephanie.bolton@hunterplastics.co.uk
    No Spam or Bulk Mail etc. Please- Thanks

Hello can any of you experts out there help me? I'm new to Xara, and finding my feet. However I seem to have a problem. When I export in illistrator format i loose some placed art- all that remains is a white box where the graphics used to be.

I'm trying to send it to my printer and it's driving me nuts!- (he doesn't have Xara)please help. if no answer - is there a bureux that can produce films from Xara in the London(England) area? i've tried a few and they can't
    Thanks
    Stephanie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] stephanie.bolton@hunterplastics.co.uk
    No Spam or Bulk Mail etc. Please- Thanks

We used to have a list of Xara-friendly bureaus on our old site. It's part of the "to do" list for pages to be added to the current web site but we haven't got round to it yet.
    I've emailed Stephanie direct with a list of bureaus in the London area.

I had similar problem for comnverting to .ai some time ago. As I remeber ungrouping of everething helped (not sure). You may try converting to editable shapes and ugrouping too.

Thanks Mick, Nickolai,and everyone

I eventually found the solution:
    * Group everthing,
    * create a bitmap copy of the entire document * save it as a completly new document
    * export from here to .ai the placed art remains

However apparently this doesnt always work so well if there is transparencys in the document. To get round this is I drew a white layer to the same size as my piece of paper - and it worked.
    Wow,I am impressed with the speedy and friendly help from this site. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks again