Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Font Play - Celebrated Burgeon Ornaments

Thanks for your feedback Bill, Larry and Frances ... and many thanks to all the Font Team for this font.

Bill: sorry to disappoint... astrosci is correct the text is a couple of snippets of Lorem ipsum. I didn't think it meant anything much either, but it is supposedly part of a treatise from Cicero (45 BC) 'On the Boundaries of Goods and Evils' (although it has been somewhat scrambled). So I guess there is some real Latin in there (I didn't study Latin so I wouldn't really know).

'The original passage began: Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit (Translation: "Neither is there anyone who loves grief itself since it is grief and thus wants to obtain it").' - quoted from Wikipedia website.

Larry: The capital F was originally 'David B'. Then I decided to redraw it as it wasn't interesting enough. I didn't use the Burgeon font to redo it, as it was just a few added adjusted ellipses and some line/node reshaping. Interestingly though, I did have a go at capital letter decoration using the Burgeon font before doing this. Just had another attempt and the below is what I came up with.

Regards

Su
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deccaps.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	89084  
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Thanks Su. That is very surprising because Lorum Ipsum typically will not even be detected as Latin nor translate by Google's translator.

You mentioned Cicero and that must be why it seems familiar to me.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Beautifully done Su, I really these.

Here is another play from me. I used the ornaments to add a bit of style to this layout. Daffodil month is a campaign from the Canadian Cancer Society to raise awareness and funds. daffodills are sold by the bunches and the last couple of years they have had a daffodill pin campaign like Remembrance Day poppies but yellow daffodils instead. The pins are a symbol of remembrance of loved ones lost to cancer and of support to those fighting it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daffmonth.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	89089
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks Su, I really like your two images, both are in my opinion great and really show off the font. I can't compete with those. I have been trying various things but so far nothing worthy.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

these are not as good as Su's but this is what I've been messing around with.

Name:	fp4-3.png 
Views:	181 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	89114Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shield play.png 
Views:	174 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	89115
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I like those Larry, especially the shiny one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Thank you Frances.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

I finally had a play with the stamps, it took a while to come up with something. I liked the card video and that got the ball rolling for me. Then tonight I thought of a tea cup and the rest just followed!

I enjoyed looking at everyone's work so far, there are some great works of art.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic_stamps.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	89260  
    Michele

www.michelemowat.com

Very nice Michelle, thanks for playing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I finally after a cold wet spring, enjoyed a warm sunny day in the garden, and amongst the weeds I found inspiration for a font play!

Name:	bergeon font play tg poster.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	89273
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]