Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Font Play - Celebrated Burgeon Ornaments

Thanks for your feedback Bill, Larry and Frances ... and many thanks to all the Font Team for this font.

Bill: sorry to disappoint... astrosci is correct the text is a couple of snippets of Lorem ipsum. I didn't think it meant anything much either, but it is supposedly part of a treatise from Cicero (45 BC) 'On the Boundaries of Goods and Evils' (although it has been somewhat scrambled). So I guess there is some real Latin in there (I didn't study Latin so I wouldn't really know).

'The original passage began: Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit (Translation: "Neither is there anyone who loves grief itself since it is grief and thus wants to obtain it").' - quoted from Wikipedia website.

Larry: The capital F was originally 'David B'. Then I decided to redraw it as it wasn't interesting enough. I didn't use the Burgeon font to redo it, as it was just a few added adjusted ellipses and some line/node reshaping. Interestingly though, I did have a go at capital letter decoration using the Burgeon font before doing this. Just had another attempt and the below is what I came up with.

Regards

Su
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deccaps.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	89084  
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!