Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Example Drawing in DP7

Hi, in Designer Pro 7 in design gallery there is a "Homepage" drawing in Example Drawings 1 section.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blend.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	88966

Could you advise how the background light is made in this example? As I can see firstly was drawn a shape probably with some fractal fill, after maybe that one resized? bigger, and created a 25 steps blend between of the two small and big shapes?

thanks,

Default Re: Example Drawing in DP7

The topic is quite close to another "How do I make Light beams"! If I were in your shoes I would make the background shape and the then select the Quick Shape Tool and drag out over the background. This is where you change the number of points to your shape, have curves instead of straight edges or change the editable items. Well once you have done that you have to make the decisions if you want to subtract the quick shape from the background and then feather the remaining shape or if you want just apply a transparency to your quick shape.
    In the other thread some members gave other solutions like a brush or a blend as there are many ways to skin the cat!
    Design is thinking made visual.

Default Re: Example Drawing in DP7

Thanks the answer.

Finally yes seems that this easily can be reproduced, just in the example the outside object so where the blend goes from the center one, that has big transparency and did not see. But in this way it is just a center object and a bigger one behind it with the same center point, and a blend between them with increasing transparency.