Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Burning building flames etc.

Hello experts,

Please can you remind me of the quickest way to make serious flames. I have to make something look like it has caught fire. Can do this in bitmaps editors, but am trying to switch to Xara for everything nowadays. May as well learn this.

Thanks so much.

Ali

Default Re: Burning building flames etc.

Su Lawrence did a Guest Tutorial for the Xara Xone in 2002 that should be useful http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest16/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Su Lawrence did a Guest Tutorial for the Xara Xone in 2002 that should be useful http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest16/index.htm
    Gary, you are a star. THanks for this. I will take a look.

Ali

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi ali, Are you working with photos or creating a vector graphic? There are different methods I would use depending on the project

here is one for creating vector flames :http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest90/index.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Hi ali, Are you working with photos or creating a vector graphic? There are different methods I would use depending on the project

here is one for creating vector flames :http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest90/index.html
    Hi Frances,

Thanks for this. I am afraid I cheated in the end, and used an Alien Skin filter!

This is one for me to practise, during those mythical moments known as free time!

When I get time I will post a request for fire as a fill. That would be really helpful. Couldn't see one in the included fills.

Thanks to all who helped.

Ali

Don't consider using the tools you have on hand as cheating, it got the job done. I uses those Alien Skin plug in too sometimes! (Eye Candy 6)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Angelize thanks this tutorial, it became my todays homework with Xara :-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flame.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	88924

Ups but what is that Alien Skin plug, let me try also that, maybe it can decrease the human (me) factor :-)

Ah okay, searching after it this Alien skin is not an inside Xara filter and so rather can be bought, so maybe will go through your tutorial yet again

OK, a quick fire blaze. This is just drawn shapes with about 17% freehand smoothing - I converted some curved flame edges to points. I started with the large orange flame and applied a 2% feather. Then I created the dark yellow shape within the orange shape slightly matching it's shape with some variation, applying a 6% feather. Then I created the light yellow shape in the center (could have created a few more) with a similar 6% feather. Finally I created the off orange shape slightly larger in places than the original orange shape, and put it behind everything else.

There's all kinds of variations, especially in contrast to whatever the surrounding and background colors are, but I did the below in less than a minute.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fiery.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	88959
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's nice Gamerprinter, thanks for sharing it with us!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]