Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default New Dodge Dart poster

Hi, all!

The Chrysler Corporation is reviving one of its classic nameplate cars - the Dodge Dart. I'm working on a poster project about it and was provided with an "assets pack", which, as you'll notice when you view the poster, is where the Dart logo and new Dart car photo comes from. I used Xara and PSE to put together the various elements in the poster. Let me know what you think of my finished work, if you please, and thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dartentrytweak2web.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	88965

Default Re: New Dodge Dart poster

I'm not really the best person to comment on cars, but as a poster for one goes yours seems perfectly reasonable. If I had any criticism it would be that it's a little tall for the width and the DART text across the middle seems to cut it in half leaving the older model at the top a little lost and isolated.
    Good luck with the competition though.
    Derek

Everyone will have their opinions.
    But, I tend to agree with Derek a bit on this.

Also, the way I tend to think (not always right!) I would have the word 'Dart' below the car but not change the colour or look.
    Then for me, the top part of the poster will look whole. Showing a passage of time from the older car to the newer one.
    But, also making a sentence because it will then read:
    DART
    ON THE ROAD AGAIN

If that makes sense?!

Aside from that, I would be very proud of the artwork.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the feedback. Here is the tweaked poster, following your suggestions:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dartentrytweak3web.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	88979

What do you think?

Better. Though my personal opinion is that is still too tall and the older model and date a little removed from the main focus. A bit like the stuff on the top shelf of a supermarket that no one notices.
    Derek

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi Toonicorn, that poster is looking good, Although I have to agree with Derek if you can either bring the height down or make it a little wider would be good. If you are able to make it a little wider and leave the new model where it is, as if it is going to move into the extra space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.