Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Graduated Line Transparency?

I have Designer Pro 7. Is there a way to get the outline of an object to take on the graduated fill transparency of an object? The line goes transparent with the object's fill when a linear transparency is applied, but remains opaque with a graduated one. I understand that I could turn the outline into an object and then apply the transparency but if I have to edit the object later, I would have to repeat the process. What say ye?

Default Re: Graduated Line Transparency?

Line colors are solid colors gradients cannot be assigned to them, that said coverting to 'line shape' the gradients can be assigned but it is NOT a line now but a shape that is governed by the line it was.
    In your case duplicate your object convert to line shape apply your gradient fill then overlay on original object.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Thanks Scotty. I already had that one figured out, but I was trying to avoid having to re-object-ize the line every time I edited the original object or wanted to resize the outline.

That being said, I just figured out how to do what I want. I post it here in case somebody else has a need (and I can't believe what a simple solution this is): Select the object, give it the desired outline, **Group It** (CTRL-G), give it the desired transparency. Voila... Mission accomplished. Crazy, huh?

I often group objects or an object to apply a different effect. I'll give something a transparency filter like Fractal Clouds, then I'll group it, and give it a further linear transparency. You normally cannot give an object two different transparent effects. You can, if you group it, but only once.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Actually you can do this more than once, just group your group with an object that is 100% transparent. But you should try not to do this too many times or your group becomes very complex and can cause problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.