Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A website for a papyrus shop.

This is my first Xara site - previously it was made in Dreamweaver. Although the code looks a little 'heavy' compared with Dreamweaver, it was remarkably quick to produce!

Around Luxor, souvenir shops like this abound, especially around the temples of the West Bank - this one is a few hundred yards from the Colossi of Memnon.

www.nefertaripapyrus.com

Default Re: A website for a papyrus shop.

I like your site. Thanks for sharing.

Xara creates a more complex HTML script because it is WYSIWYG. But your site loads quickly and is very handsome and informative. And most visitors are not going to look at your page source code. Eh?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I was unable to load this site in Google Chrome the page became unresponsive and I finally had to let Chrome shut it down. I thought at first it might have just been a local issue with the computer I was using so I tried my other machine but it happened there as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I can appreciate your effort, but this site, to me, looks amateurish. It reminds me of the do-it-yourself sites that have proliferated on the internet. The background is fine, but the rest of the site has no structure, no form, no design. Also, I am not a big fan of unusual font colors and the scrolling text on the home page is scrolling so fast that you can't read it.

Sorry if this criticism seems harsh, but you can accomplish so much more than this with Xara.

Worked fine for me in Chrome.

Interesting subject. Easy lay out on the web site makes for easy navigation. You may wish to change the photographs to JPG format. They will be smaller in KB and load faster.

Take care, Mike