Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Here is what i created with xara web design premium 7

hi fellas..
    this is my first website created 100% using xara webdesign premium v7.
    please check it and provide your feedback. I have been using dreamweaver but xara thing rocks when it comes to simplicity and application of ur wildest creative ideas. !!

http://www.mymanalitrip.com

please provide feedback and suggestions.

Last edited by gwpriester; 10 March 2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: added missing link to site gwp

Default Re: Here is what i created with xara web design premium 7

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I added your link to your original post.

I like your site. It is very clean and colorful. Dreamweaver? What's that?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hello Freean876, Welcome to Talkgraphics!

I saw your site on the Xara Facebook page, nice to have you join us here. As Gary said the site is very clean and colourful I enjoyed looking through the photo gallery and was surprised to notice the similarities in the scenery there to areas here in British Columbia!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

It looks really good. Very nice job.

Couple comments...

1 - it is so wide it goes off the page even on my 20" monitor. If it could be narrowed up a bit IMO it would be better. I personally hate having to scroll left and right to see all the info.

2 - the animated photo slide show at the tops of the pages change so fast you can't get a look at the pictures before they are gone. The pixelating effect takes place over most of the time the photo is shown so when it finally stops and the photo is finally shown clear it vanishes before you can really look. Notrhingw rong with the idea/effect but you need to try, if you can, to allow people to see the photo longer.

Again, nice site. Just a couple thhings I noticed. FWIW to you.

Please excuse my ignorance but just where is Manali? Nothing I see on your site tells me where I would be going. Maybe only the initiated are welcomed but I think a little more info might be helpful. I eventually guessed it was India from the little Mumbai note. Not the best way to attract people just dropping by your site!

Nice site, good use of colours, as gsthunter pointed out, maybe a tad wide? and your nav bar txt looks to be lh justified? personally i like text in buttons to be centred, just nit picking i guess good effort

Ray

This is a really well-done website....

Dave C - Please remember that as designers...we are not the creators of the content! If the location of Manili is missing, that is the fault of the site owner, not the designer!