Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Simplest way to add a Facebook "Like" button

Perhaps I am a little dense, but I can't make any sense out of the instructions for adding a Facebook "Like" button. I tried the iFrame method but it cut-off most of the button. I also tried the HTML method but I can't understand all of the jibberish about adding the javascript file.

Is there a simpler method than using the widget website?

Default Re: Simplest way to add a Facebook "Like" button

Hi. create a box (rectangle on your website) which is the size of the area suitable for your facebook plugin to go. Take a look at the top of the page and note the width of the box you have drawn. Go to this page http://developers.facebook.com/docs/.../plugins/like/ then fill in each of the boxes as you go. Under width enter the width of the rectangle you have drawn from web designer - this will make sure that the facebook app is the size that you want it to be on your page. Click get code at the bottom. Select iframe. copy. Go back into web designer select your rectangle and insert the code as a placeholder.

Remember that the app will only show on your page once published, you'll have to upload it to the server to see it. If you find then that part of it is cut off then adjust the size of your rectangle and republish. if you've entered the width though as above it should be ok - you may find you need to make it longer though - but you'll only know this after publish