Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New computer problem with certain functions

Excellent computer; Asus M4A88T-M/AM 3.3 processor; Win 7 Premium 64bit. I get the feeling the 64 bit is being a bit difficult to work with. First problem out of the shoot: The arrows in the lower right hand side of the Icons in the left toolbar will not fly out. If I click the camera mode it will allow clipping, but will not give the size space at the top, so I can't proportion the window properly; have to right click and clip, then I still don't have the finished clip. Any thoughts on this appreciated.
    Thanks, Giddyup
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"
    IP

Default Re: New computer problem with certain functions

Hi,
    Have you downloaded all the Graphic card drivers from the cards website? NOT windows update!
    Jim
    p.s After some windows updates you have to a cold boot for drivers to kick in
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGilbert View Post
    I get the feeling the 64 bit is being a bit difficult to work with.
    32bit applications work fine in a 64 bit environment.
    Many of us use Xara software on Windows 7 64bit. So no need to worry about this.

Aside from Scotty's suggestions I'll add 'mouse' the the equation.
    MS Intellimouse has been known to do some funny things over the years with Xara. Do you have an MS Intellipoint driven mouse?
    Perhaps the 64bit drivers need installing for it. ► http://goo.gl/w9BGP
    IP

I did resolve the issue. First I tried to do a repair and that didn't happen. Xara wouldn't even open after that. I then removed Xara from the sys and re-installed. This seems to have resolved the issue. Scotty thanks for the reminder that could have been the initial cause of the problem. And Sledger thanks for the confirmation that Win7 Home Premium 64 bit was a good choice. The mouse is a Logitech Wheel Mouse. Thanks to both of you.
    Giddyup
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"
    IP

Glad you got it solved...
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card
    IP