Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: "Default template"?

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    It is possible you accidently clicked on the Save Template rather than the Save option some time in the recent past to save your work and browsed to a folder. This would change the path for your templates and make the actual template files unaccessable. You will need to create a basic setup file and use the Save Template option and browse to the folder shown in Mike's post. This will restore the correct path for the template files.
    Thanks so much, but...newbie here...how do I do all that? I'm still very new to Xara...

By doing what Bill wrote

So just make a template. Any template. Navigate to the folder structure for the templates as shown in the screen shot (Win 7, earlier Windows versions will be a little different perhaps) and save the template.

Now can you see the other templates or no?

Mike

Well, I did manage to create a new blank page and save it as a template, and now when I open Xara, that page shows up. But I never could find that list of files or ENG anywhere...wonder why?

Maybe I should uninstall and then re-install Xara to restore those items?

Look at Mike's screen capture in post #7 in this thread, particularly the dropdown inset that shows the full path. The default templates folder should be in the folder in which you installed the application. In your screenshot, the folder has a different name. That's why people have suggested that you accidentally saved some of your artwork in another folder as a template.

AFAIK, the only way for the default template folder to disappear completely is that it got deleted. If it was deleted, then, yes, you will need to reinstall to get it back. Before going to all that trouble, I suggest that you take a look at your application installation folder in Windows Explorer. I think the path shown in Mike's screenshot is the default path. On your system, it's probably similar.

Allison

Quote Originally Posted by amoore View Post
    Look at Mike's screen capture in post #7 in this thread, particularly the dropdown inset that shows the full path. The default templates folder should be in the folder in which you installed the application. In your screenshot, the folder has a different name. That's why people have suggested that you accidentally saved some of your artwork in another folder as a template.

AFAIK, the only way for the default template folder to disappear completely is that it got deleted. If it was deleted, then, yes, you will need to reinstall to get it back. Before going to all that trouble, I suggest that you take a look at your application installation folder in Windows Explorer. I think the path shown in Mike's screenshot is the default path. On your system, it's probably similar.

Allison
    Thanks, Allison. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that. Where can I find the application folder in WE? I looked and didn't see anything related to that.

What's WE?

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    What's WE?
    Windows Explorer.

No. Make a template. Use the Save Template... command from the file menu in Xara. Navigate that way.

But. What operating system--version of Windows--are you using?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    No. Make a template. Use the Save Template... command from the file menu in Xara. Navigate that way.

But. What operating system--version of Windows--are you using?

Mike
    Vista Home Premium.

I don't have Vista, but the path will be similar to my screen shot.

Have you tried making a template, use the Save Template command from inside Xara and navigating to the folder structure as seen in my screen shot?

Mike