Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default "Default template"?

Hi, gang - I'm back again for more of your excellent advice.

I'm suddenly having a very strange problem with Xara. Whenever I try to open a new blank file in it, it gives me an error message saying I don't have a "default template", and I needed to choose a file and save it as a "default template". So I did, but now, I'm stuck with that template - I can't choose a letter-sized blank page to work on because that choice is no longer on the list under "New". What the heck is going on? I just want a blank page to draw on, and now it's not available. Please help!

Default Re: "Default template"?

Create a letter-sized page, opt to save it as a template and check the default checkbox.

Take care, Mike

Hi there TC

sounds like you have maybe lost your default files

quickest way to check is to click on 'save template' in file menu, and just look at what is already there

the attached is the default set - is your set different, if so are there some missing? - or have you created a lot more [which can cause some to 'fall off the radar']
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	template-ss.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	88941  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Hi there TC

sounds like you have maybe lost your default files

quickest way to check is to click on 'save template' in file menu, and just look at what is already there

the attached is the default set - is your set different, if so are there some missing? - or have you created a lot more [which can cause some to 'fall off the radar']
    Wow, I don't have ANY of that stuff when I open "Save Template". I just have a few bits of art I was working on. I wonder what happened???

Oh, save it to the path you see here in the screen shot. You likely are saving the template to the wrong folder.

Take care, Mike

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-20 21-02-36_Save Template.png 
Views:	150 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	88947

can you post a screen shot of what your 'Save Template' screen looks like ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks, Mike, but how do I create a letter-sized page? Thanks!

Just get a new document on-screen. Right-click and choose Page Options. Change the size to what you want. From the File menu, choose Save Template. On that dialog screen, name the template. On the right side of that dialog, check the "Use as default template" check box. Save the file.

Mike