Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Smile Question about license

I bought WDMXP a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it. I have 3 computers in my home that I would like to install this software on. Is this possible? I may want to work on my website in another room. I'll have the main web files in one location that I will work with.

Thank,

Peter

Default Re: Question about license

The Web Designer MX Premium EULA states;

Web Designer MX Premium END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT ("EULA")

You are permitted to:

1. load or download the Software and use it only on a single client computer which is under your personal control (unless you have purchased a network license, contact Xara sales at www.xara.com); except that you may

2. copy the Software from one computer to another under your personal control provided it is used on only one computer at any one time and only by you. The copies must reproduce and include Xara's copyright notices;

3. transfer the Software (complete with all its associated documentation) and this license to another person provided that person has agreed to accept the terms of this Agreement and you contemporaneously transfer all copies of the Software you have made to that person or destroy all copies not transferred. If any transferee does not accept such terms then this license shall automatically terminate. The transferor does not retain any rights under this Agreement in respect of the transferred Software or license.

You are not permitted:

(a) to use the Software on any computer or system which permits electronic access to it by more than one user (unless you have purchased a network license, contact Xara sales at www.xara.com);

(b) to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, copy (except as expressly provided in this Agreement), modify adapt, merge, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Software or its associated documentation except as permitted by law;

(c) except as expressly provided in this Agreement, to use, reproduce or deal in the Software in any way.
    Item 2 seems to answer your question I think

Yes, I read that and do not understand....sorry. It does not say that I can install it on another computer, just copy it from one computer to another? What does copy it from one computer to another mean exactly? Sorry, sometimes I make things to complicated in my brain to understand easily.

You can install it on a total of three computers that you own and have control over. The part about using one machine at a time is not a limitation unless you can physically be in more than one place at a time.

Legalese is always difficult to understand. It was designed to be as difficult as possible for a normal person to understand.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Oh, I think I get it now. Thank you! So I can install it on my 3 computers, but can only have one instance of the program running at one time.
    That works for me.

Peter

You have got it Peter.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update