Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Members Area

Default Members Area

Can I with Xara Web Design create a site where some pages are open, but others are accessible only to members of an association after login with individual user IDs and passwords?

Default Re: Members Area

Web Designer will allow you to embed external scripts via placeholders, but it cannot do what you need natively.
    User authentication really needs PHP an SQL database for best security. This means you will need .php extension web pages where such scripts are used.
    Have a look on google for suitable script, Hotscripts is a good starting place. ►http://www.hotscripts.com/category/s...uthentication/

Welcome to TalkGraphics Cson

Web Designer will allow you to embed external scripts via placeholders
    If you are not familiar with placeholders, as sledger suggests, see Help > Web Designer Help > Index > and search for Placeholder Objects.

Placeholders are simple objects such as a rectangle created with the Rectangle Tool, that let you add code which in turn gets added to your HTML document.

I have used a product called Website Access Manager from Coffee Cup Software which works very well for this sort of thing. Coffee Cup Software has a lot of good solutions that can be used with Web Designer and other Xara website creation products.

Hello GWpriester,

I'm looking for a same solution, for members only, do you have link to a site on witch you used Website Acces Manager...

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics Cson

If you are not familiar with placeholders, as sledger suggests, see Help > Web Designer Help > Index > and search for Placeholder Objects.

Placeholders are simple objects such as a rectangle created with the Rectangle Tool, that let you add code which in turn gets added to your HTML document.

I have used a product called Website Access Manager from Coffee Cup Software which works very well for this sort of thing. Coffee Cup Software has a lot of good solutions that can be used with Web Designer and other Xara website creation products.