Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WD6 Embed You Tube video - Web Designer MX Premium (v8)

When I drag the You Tube widget from the design gallery onto a blank area of my page.
    panel appears telling me it's opening widget web site. then get message telling me it's failed
    and I have no other option the program is closed down.
    Adding a You Tube video clip in WD7 prem was so simple, when is the next update for Web Designer MX Premium (v8) due?

Default Re: Embed You Tube video - Web Designer MX Premium (v8)

No problems here.
    Works fine in MX, procedure hasn't changed from v7.

Drag widget onto page
    Select video
    Click the Share button
    Click the Embed button
    Select the code box and copy code to the clipboard (CTRL+C)
    Press the 'Insert' button on the Xara window.

Done. Works every time

I found the problem, I have not used Internet Explorer for a few years, my default browser is Firefow
    Internet Explorer crashes every time I have tried to use it, I have given up trying to correct three problem.
    I have not checked Web Designer MX Premium (v8) options to see if I
    can change the browser option or maybe it's not possible.
    As I'm writing this an update has arrived for Web Designer MX Premium (v8) .... off to see what it is .... Andy

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    No problems here.
    Works fine in MX, procedure hasn't changed from v7.

Drag widget onto page
    Select video
    Click the Share button
    Click the Embed button
    Select the code box and copy code to the clipboard (CTRL+C)
    Press the 'Insert' button on the Xara window.

Done. Works every time

Default Re: Embed You Tube video - THE DEFAULT BROWSER?

I added the You Tube widget OK from my laptop, this shows that Web Designer MX Premium (v8)
    assumes that MS Internet Explorer is the default browser of anyone who purchases Web Designer MX Premium (v8),
    NO IT IS NOT. Please let Web Designer MX Premium (v8) check for the default browser or add an option
    to declare your default browser

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBoyUK View Post
    I found the problem, I have not used Internet Explorer for a few years, my default browser is Firefow
    Internet Explorer crashes every time I have tried to use it, I have given up trying to correct three problem.
    I have not checked Web Designer MX Premium (v8) options to see if I
    can change the browser option or maybe it's not possible.
    As I'm writing this an update has arrived for Web Designer MX Premium (v8) .... off to see what it is .... Andy

It only assumes that as a Windows user you have IE installed - this it can count on and therefore makes sense.
    Xara does not use your preferred browser in the WD Preview window. It always uses compatibility mode of your installed version of IE. This cannot be changed.
    You can subsequently choose any of the alternative browsers you have installed via the coloured browser icons on the top right of the preview window.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 17 April 2012 at 06:59 AM.

why dont you just go to youtube - find the video you want - click share - click embed - copy the code -
    go into WD then right click and paste html placeholder - done

plus what i do is to go to the palceholder code and change the size to 100% height 100% width and then apply - then you can resize it . :-)

I have just tried it, all I got was a black square, nothing else, I tried it in WD7 Prem
    and the video clip loaded with a picture as I get each time, what I did not get was an option
    to pase the HTML object, I can only assume that Web Designer MX Premium (v8) has changed settings which have had an effect on WD7 Prem.

Quote Originally Posted by trukkerz View Post
    why dont you just go to youtube - find the video you want - click share - click embed - copy the code -
    go into WD then right click and paste html placeholder - done

plus what i do is to go to the palceholder code and change the size to 100% height 100% width and then apply - then you can resize it . :-)

Default Re: Embed You Tube video -Web Designer MX Premium (v8)

Yes but it would be useful if I could choose a browser to use with widgets, just as I have a choice with the preview window,
    and why can't I embed a You Tube video clip just by pasting the code as I did with WD7 Prem, can it only be done using the You Tube widget?,
    all I get with Web Designer MX Premium (v8) is a black square without any picture and center arrow, which can't be right...

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    It only assumes that as a Windows user you have IE installed - this it can count on and therefore makes sense.
    Xara does not use your preferred browser in the WD Preview window. It always uses compatibility mode of your installed version of IE. This cannot be changed.
    You can subsequently choose any of the alternative browsers you have installed via the coloured browser icons on the top right of the preview window.

Default Re: Embed You Tube video -Web Designer MX Premium (v8)

all I get with Web Designer MX Premium (v8) is a black square without any picture and center arrow
    what happens if you click the centre arrow ???

Internet Explorer crashes every time I have tried to use it
    Fixing this will solve your problem