Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Embed You Tube video - Web Designer MX Premium (v8)

Solve my problem? NO what would solve my problem is that Web Designer MX Premium (v8)
    would allow me to tell the program that my default browser is FIREFOX and let me use widgets without the program closing down,
    There are some of us who are not Microsoft fans, we know that there are better options available
    when is comes to BROWSERS.
    I I want to use IE9 I would have to reinstall Win 7, a lot of bother to get a second rate browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    Fixing this will solve your problem

Default Re: Embed You Tube video - THE DEFAULT BROWSER?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBoyUK View Post
    I can only assume that Web Designer MX Premium (v8) has changed settings which have had an effect on WD7 Prem.
    No, it does not change any settings of earlier versions.

You may dislike Internet Explorer and that's perfectly fine, but if you are creating a website to publish on the web, then like it or not other people will be viewing your site using IE, this is a fact - so ensuring that your site looks and functions fine in IE is only to your own benefit.
    As already mentioned, Xara's preview window uses comparability mode of your installed IE and cannot be changed, but you can instantly preview in your preferred browser as well, you should not have to reinstall Windows 7 to upgrade to IE9 unless your windows installation is also broken.
    There should be no reason to close the program to view the widgets, just press the Firefox icon on the preview window.
    Alternatively rather than previewing, just export your site to a folder and double-click the index.htm, that will load your default web browser yes?

i dont think its the internet explorer problem - my preview doesnt work good until i click the chrome button but i do think you should be able to select your default browser to preview in - other web editors have this function so why not xara ??

anyway back to the youtube problem - are you copying and pasting the embed code not the web address into the placeholder ??
    type here what you do step by step see if you are doing what i do because the way i explained in an earlier post works everytime for me .

cheerz

I dont have a problem with preview, providing I do not choose Internet Explorer, I think I would have to reinstall Windows 7 to get a good copy of Internet Explorer,
    and from what SLEDGER says that may be my only option in the end, if I'm going to check my site with IE (which I can do on my laptop) not on my desktop. Thanks everyone ....

Quote Originally Posted by trukkerz View Post
    i dont think its the internet explorer problem - my preview doesnt work good until i click the chrome button but i do think you should be able to select your default browser to preview in - other web editors have this function so why not xara ??

anyway back to the youtube problem - are you copying and pasting the embed code not the web address into the placeholder ??
    type here what you do step by step see if you are doing what i do because the way i explained in an earlier post works everytime for me .

cheerz