Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

But I never use shape tool for creation of line shapes only for editing.

All set and quite happy now with the toolbars!!

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Xara icon bars are very easy to customise. Just choose the Control Bars option from the Window menu, which you no doubt have used to adjust the size/position of the the standard icon bars.

All you need to do is click New..., then scroll to the bottom of the list and turn on the Button Palette. From there you can (using the alt key) drag any icon to your new bar.

I tend to use the default Infobar, Toolbar and Galleries bar, dump the rest and create my own. By saving the Xara BarsNormal registry key from HKCU you can preserve your hard work should you need to re-install in the future.

Stu
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screengrab.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	6862  

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Clements:
    Regards, John<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where exactly on the help... I've been looking and found nothing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ernesto:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Clements:
    Regards, John<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where exactly on the help... I've been looking and found nothing<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Found it on the past postings!!!

thank you Stu!

Several months ago I spent an entire day going back and forth between Photoshop 5.5, Illustrator 9 and Xara X, getting the idea of how to use their pen tools, and noting the differences.

At the end of this exercise I was pretty good with the Xara Pen Tool, but I seldom use it because it is so cumbersome for most purposes.

When I use Xara, the Freehand and Shape Editor Tools are just easier and faster for most purposes. It is handy to know how to use the Pen Tool though, because it comes in handy for creating symmetrical shapes and certain types of curves.

A good exercise is to create as near perfect a circle as you can using the Pen Tool, creating four connecting arcs one after another in the same curve. This exercise made something "click" in my brain.

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pentool_exercise.gif 
Views:	173 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	2043