Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Webdesign Premium MX v8

I bought XARA webdesign premium MX v8 and installed it. No problems with my website that is made in Webdesign 7. However, when i change the size of the placeholder ( a link to Picasa), the placeholder image disappears. This happens only when i change the size of te placeholder all the placeholder images, made in webdesign 7 stay alive.
    What i do is: I grab an image from picasa and place this as placeholder image, so the problem is not great. I aim curious if there is someting changed in WD premium MX 8 or I do something wrong. In my published website is nothing wrong. Can somebody answer me?

Default Re: Xara Webdesign Premium MX v8

It's irrelevant, the placeholder image is nothing but a placeholder, it's used only for the code in it's, well 'place' (look in web properties>>Placeholder>>HTML code (head))
    The generated image on the page in the designer window is just for your convenience. It can be a pink rectangle if you like

Make sure the Re-generate Placeholder Image Automatically is checked in the Placeholder dialog.

Though this seems to be working inconsistently when I tried it.

Steve - Did you try it? Might be a feature?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	check box.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	88786  

Of course, Gary
    Point is - the regeneration of a bitmap after resizing is based on and dependent on pulling down the data from the source (the web) again. If the connection times out for any reason, then the placeholder may not regenerate a new image. But the placeholder will still perform it's given function regardless.

Well yes, Steve.

But the image I linked to was on my computer.

Yes I did regenerate the placeholder and I checkes en uncheck several times. It must be named: The published website works perfect. The only reason is that it happend after installing Xara Webdesign Premium and only when I changed the size of the placeholder. 6 placeholders works perfect, 3 not. The regenerating of a placeholder image of a big Word text file works perfect. A big graphic foto (800 x 600) from picasa did not. In the meantime, I am very happy with Webdesign Premium MX. I look forward for further reply's. My website is: fransberkhout.nl

Well, then at the very least, it is inconsistent and needs to be looked at.