Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text has no fill and outline is broken red lines

I have been working on a document and reached a point where whenever I entered regular text, it showed as an outline of broken red lines (like a regular guidline). Changing fill and color etc has no effect. I can open a new document and enter text with normal results,
    but not in the existing document. A search of this forum did not produce any result of anyone else having had the same problem.

Default Re: Text has no fill and outline is broken red lines

Hi Phill,

Anytime you see something you add appear with a dashed red line it has been placed on the guides layer. Cut it from the guides layer and place it on Layer 1 or the layer of your choice.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks. I had resolved it by pasting my artwork into a new doc & continuing from there. Next time I will know to check the layers.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

often when you have a guides layer it is easy to accidentally start typing or drawing on it. I often keep my guides layer locked (click the padlock icon next to it in the pages and layers gallery) this way if you accidentally try to put something on it Xara will give you a warning that you are placing something on a locked layer which usually reminds me that I don't want this on the guides layer anyway!.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Yep, been there, done that (don't have a t-shirt though). It is pretty easy to do.

The beauty of being able to add items to the guide layer far outweighs the occasional oops. I use my own drawn guides all the time and having them auto-magically look and act like XDP's guides is a great function.

Take care, Mike