Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Help exporting vehicle wrap!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Well the first thing you could try is to export the document to PDF from Designer Pro. I would try the Commercial Printing PDF/X 300dpi) setting.

If you can output that file then this should be sufficient for your printer. Try this an let us know.

What Peter was recommending is more complicated.
    Ok this is what I got:

Exporting or printing to PDF doesn't dice: when exporting I get multiple and massive "Access violation at..." kind of messages and their "Out of memory" little friends Even if I have 4GB in this machine and everything else closed. In the case of printing to PDF, via Adobe Acrobat 9 it just doesn't do anything. It acts like if I have clicked the Cancel button.

I have tried almost all export formats and get either Xara crashed, or the whole system crashed or nothing at all.

Now, exporting to TIFF, 10% of the size it allows me to put 700 DPI max --this didn't worked for JPG, BMP, PNG formats. The file size isn't that bad: 14MB. Then can go to Photoshop and save it as JPG max quality --printer's request. The Image -> Image size dialog confirms it is 700 DPI. Saving the JPG drops the file size to 7MB.

Now I have a new question: do you guys think this is enough for the printer to resize it to the correct size and have it at 300 DPI. I'm confused since by math: 10% of size at 700 DPI would yield 100% size at 70 DPI, that's without resampling I guess, uh?

[EDIT]

So I went to Photoshop and typed the 100% width and 300 DPI with Resampling box checked. It saved as TIFF and made a 400MB file. The other possible formats are PSB and RAW.

However I won't be able to deliver such big file, so I ask again: would you guys think the 10% @ 700 DPI file would work for the printer?
    Last edited by lithium258; 15 April 2012 at 03:15 AM.