Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Default Re: TG font collaboration #2 Roundhead

You win. The first PC I sat down at was a friend's father's, a physician, who bought a 40MB, which I think cost more than $500, just so he didn't have to load a floppy to play Zork.

And Zork still runs on my machine as long as I have a DOS emulation software loaded.

-g-

My first XT had a 10 meg drive. I was in heaven when I upgraded to the then largest drive I could get, a 20 meg drive. When I upgraded the MB to an AT, it was nirvana. Drives were expensive, but RAM was about $125 or so a meg iirc. Geez, that was a while ago.

Mike

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Getting back on topic, if there is anything else you need Gary just give us a shout! Thank you for doing this .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Bouton checks in: RoundHead, in progress

I think I'm good, thanks, Frances.

I spent my free time today importing the original Xara glyphs, and thanks to Bill, the sizes were consistent.

I'm currently practicing "eyeballing" for consistency and if anything seems off, I go into the glyph in FontLab, not Xara, and make corrections. I have some global guides set up, Bill, in FL, and I'll have the caps lookin' good tomorrow. This will take a few days, but when I'm done, I feel—having designed and sold and given away about two dozen fonts—that this guy will be good to go in due time.

Notes to all: the verticals aren't consistent, not always and when you draw a straight line, use guides because some of the verticals were at .5 degrees or so.

My Best,

Gary

Default Re: Bouton checks in: RoundHead, in progress

Did I miss it. Or is this font not ready yet?
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

The Roundhead font has been worked on behind the scenes and I just need some supporting documents now so I can package it up

We need a pdf guide to show all the glyphs and how they are mapped to the Keyboard (like the one with the Burgeon Ornaments) If any one is willing to volunteer for this it would be much appreciated.

If you have worked on this font at all please review this thread and be sure you have posted a release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Frances the change log is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Ok everyone first Thanks to Bill for doing the Change log. And thanks to everyone who has participated on this.

I have decided to do a pdf specimen sheet/glyph guide from scratch for this font. RoundHead has many more glyphs than the burgeon ornaments and most of them are standard but there are a few extra features so I'm going to prepare this Pdf to show off the font, and provide the keystrokes to insert the extra glyphs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Congratulations folks on the birth of a beautiful typeface.

RoundHead TG is now officially launched and available for download.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Well i still haven't been able to find unless i went through different phase regarding downloading RoundHead TG thanks for font,Please i need suggestion where should we use this font like any specific niche.