Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Default Re: The tg Font Collaboration Thread

Not sure where that layer came from. I dont think I added it or at least not intentionally.

Larry - do you want to do all the missing letters or shall we split them into Caps and Lower case?

Christine

Default Re: 10070K

Christine a lucky accident as it turns out. I notified Xara and they have identified the cause of the internal error. They have corrected the problem and it will not be in newer version. If a patch is made availabe for DP7 this fix will be included.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Farrelly View Post
    Not sure where that layer came from. I dont think I added it or at least not intentionally.

Larry - do you want to do all the missing letters or shall we split them into Caps and Lower case?

Christine
    I plan on doing all of them plus the numbers and other characters.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    I plan on doing all of them plus the numbers and other characters.
    Larry, let's share, okay?

Christine and you both have pulled very accurate and artistic traces with the Burgeon set. I'd like to see more of this collaboration.

Okay?

-g-

Gare, Christine wants to do the Roundhead font so I am taking Morning Glory. Sharing is fine with me, I was just trying to answer Christine's question and in the process I thought I should trace all the characters and add the missing ones as well. Is that OK?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I think Christine should head up the Roundhead Font Initiative, right here. Christine?

I know she's a Mod on a different thread, but she's expressed interest and here's the opportunity for Mods to actually do supervisor work instead of posting "Good Idea!", and trolling for spam 8 hours a day!

C'mon, this is what we all came here for—tg is a group, and we need to prove to other forums that we can successfully contribute to the web designers and artists at large by creating free, expertly crafted typefaces for the community.

So if you're reading this, post back, for Goodness' Sake.

My Best,

Gary, who isn't even supposed to be Moderating this thread.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I will volunteer to help Christine with this font. Christine how many glyphs have you done so far? I love the fancy "and" (ampersand) this font has. we should do some punctuation as well such and perhaps copyright and trademark symbols?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I will volunteer to help Christine with this font. We should do some punctuation as well such and perhaps copyright and trademark symbols?
    Christine, how can I help?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Sorry for any delay - time differences again - fortunately I am an early morning person 5 AM here.

Larry - I am happy if you want to do the other font.

Frances - I have already done some preliminary work on the Caps, Lower case and numbers and would be more than happy if you want to tackle the symbols.

Thanks Gare for your confidence.

Christine

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Ok I'll look at doing some of the symbols and punctuation maybe Larry and I can split them up? I'd like to do ! @ # & I'll do the copyright and Registered symbols as well and I'm going to do two extra glyphs perhaps Larry can you do the rest of the basic punctuation such as , : ; ' " ? and perhaps parentheses?

I am also wondering if we should add a British Pound, and euro symbol? opinions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.