Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Default Re: The tg Font Collaboration Thread

I like what Barbra has to say as the symbol. I don't type that much, so it's good to hear from someone who does.

It has to look visually pleasing to the eye, so people would be more likely to use it.
    Michele

www.michelemowat.com

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I agree with that too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks Barbara, Michele, and Frances.

I made the © and ® the same size as the 6 and lower case letters. I emailed the .vfb file to Gary a few moments ago.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sounds like we are getting close to having a second font under our belts! Thanks to everyone who has taken part!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Now would be a good time to do the paperwork. This font will need the permissions, the fontlog.txt, the OFL./txt OFL-FAQ.txt the pdf, and examples just as the Celebrated Burgeon Ornaments TG did. So I suggest that you take the Burgeon release package and basically search and replace, remembering to change the font name and the contributor and thanks sections.

Remember to always add TG to the end of the font name, in the font and in the documentation and in threads. It is part of the name, it is our brand and helps reinforce that this is a product of our group here at TG. Over time I believe folks will see the TG at the end of a font name and know immediately that it is a high quality, professionally done font.

When you look at the pdf, please note that it has quite a lot of metadata in it and the new font's pdf needs similar data added.

It might make a good habit for us to get into, that when we submit to a group project for the first time we also submit a contributor's release for that specific font or project. I believe that submitting the releases in public, into the thread is valuable, because it clears up forever (or as long as the forum bits keep spinning) that the font is 100% in the clear license wise; but I do understand that some may not want to have their full name out in public. For those folks, I suggest that they submit in public under their screen name ie and first name ie Barbara B ( Barbara) or Angelize (Frances) and then send one with your full name to the project leader and to me.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Barbara how do I see the meta data in a pdf file? Better yet, how do I create meta data in a pdf file? I don't create pdf files often and have never thought about them having meta data.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: TG font collaboration #2 Roundhead

I, Bill Taylor as a contributor to the project undertaken by a group in the TalkGraphics.com Fonts and Typography Forum, to create the following fonts, Celebrated Burgeon Ornaments TG. otf and Celebrated Burgeon Ornaments TG.ttf, grant a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute [the] Contributions I made to the work and such derivative works.

I understand that this is a license agreement only; it does not transfer copyright ownership and does not change my rights to use the artwork I contributed for any other purpose.

Bill Taylor, United States of America
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Barbara how do I see the meta data in a pdf file? Better yet, how do I create meta data in a pdf file? I don't create pdf files often and have never thought about them having meta data.
    Bill, in Xara, when you export PDF, go to the Document tab, enable "Include Document Information", and then fill in the blanks.

You can see the metadata in a PDF file, in Acrobat Reader, by choosing File>Properties>(Description).

-g-

Thanks Gary.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Ok so Bill are you doing a PDF keyguide for the extra glyphs? or do we need a volunteer? (a volunteer would need a copy of the font file) I think we should use the burgeon PDF as a template for this and all future key guides.

I, Frances Proctor as a contributor to the project undertaken by a group in the TalkGraphics.com Fonts and Typography Forum, to create the following fonts, Celebrated Burgeon Ornaments TG. otf and Celebrated Burgeon Ornaments TG.ttf, grant a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute [the] Contributions I made to the work and such derivative works.

I understand that this is a license agreement only; it does not transfer copyright ownership and does not change my rights to use the artwork I contributed for any other purpose.

Frances Proctor, Canada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]