Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Default Re: The tg Font Collaboration Thread

Frances I have started a .xar file that will eventually be a pdf key locator. I've been a bit under the weather for a few days so I have not got much done.

I agree about using the Burgeon key locator as a template. Which is what I am using.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keylocator.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	89107  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I'll volunteer to do the PDF, Frances.

The key layout and the number of characters is entirely different than for Burgeon. But I can np and tuck the thing, and put all the metadata in it.

Bill, I await your vfb file!

My Best,

Gary

Thanks Gary, I sent the vfb file to your personal email. Let me know if I need to zip the file as I attached the vfb directly to the email.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

For everyone's information:
    In the Celebrated Burgeon Ornamental TG font there are 60 glyphs. In the Round Head TG font there are 216 glyphs.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Ok Bill and Gary I'll let you two work out the pdf and the rest of the font building. when I suggested using the burgeon pdf as a guide I was thinking mostly of the headings and basic layout, I realized that there would be way more glyphs for this font

Will you be posting a "beta" version of the font before we put together the final download file? If so I would like to keep it to a bare minimum (In the burgeon thread I had to go back through the thread twice to remove all the links to un finalized versions at the end)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default RoundHead: the fonts and the PDF keyfinder

Hi—

Fonts in TTF and OTF in one zip archive, the PDF sorta hangs out here by its lonesome.

Now here's a neat tip you might want to share: the keyfinder isn't just a fancy lookup table: in Acrobat Reader or Pro, you can highlight and copy a glyph out of the PDF page, and if you have the typeface installed, all you do is paste.

My Best,

Gary
    Last edited by angelize; 10 May 2012 at 01:34 AM.

Default Re: RoundHead: the fonts and the PDF keyfinder

Great I'll have a look and kick the tires!

We will need the change log.txt file, Bill or Gary could one of you do that? I have copies of the OFL and FAQ that I just need to plug the info into.

And we still need releases from anyone who participated! please post them here in this thread, just scroll back to a release that has already been posted and copy and paste and replace the names and country with your own. And remember if you are uncomfortable with your full name being on the forum you can post one here with your screen name and PM one with your full name to either myself or Barbara.

Thanks to all who participated in this project!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

I can't help with the FAQ; Bill, would you mind terribly modifying the Burgeon one for this package?

@Frances: Barbara wants to review the package before you go live with it. Also, she agrees that the keyfinder you can copy out of is a big selling point. You going to do another video?

-g-

I had a quick look and play with the font looks really good!

I was thinking about doing a video, I just haven't decided on a project yet I have a couple of ideas. The last one has had over 100 views already so that is encouraging

Also do we need to have all releases in before we can officially release the font?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I, Gary David Bouton, as a contributor to the project undertaken by a group in the TalkGraphics.com Fonts and Typography Forum, to create the following fonts, RoundHeadtg.otf and RoundHeadtg.ttf, grant a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute [the] Contributions I made to the work and such derivative works.

I understand that this is a license agreement only; it does not transfer copyright ownership and does not change my rights to use the artwork I contributed for any other purpose.

Gary David Bouton, USA