Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to Browse InDesign PDF ePub or HTML Book

Hi,

I have an 80 page Book created in InDesign which can be exported as a printable PDF or interactive PDF amongst other things such as EPS, ePub, Flash (I'd like to avoid due to iPad clients) and HTML. My client would like me to make this book browseable (page through) from their website. I guess I need some type of viewer plug-in/widget? I currently have Web Designer MX8 Premium.

Is it possible? What approach? I don't know where to start.

Thank you,
    m

Default Re: How to Browse InDesign PDF ePub or HTML Book

Does the client desire a true eBook (or a few types to work on the current devices) or a FlipBook? Sounds like a FlipBook to me.

Mike

Hi Marlis

Looks like you need an e-brochure like the ones I produce for my clients. Take a look at http://www.intelligentbrochures.com/ac/04 This works without Flash on PC/MAC/iPad and iPhone. Let me know if this is what you need and I'll tell you the options.

Charles

Hi Mike,

Yes, you got it right - a FlipBook. How is this done?

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Does the client desire a true eBook (or a few types to work on the current devices) or a FlipBook? Sounds like a FlipBook to me.

Mike

Hi Charles,

Yes - your e-brochure is perfect. I might need to turn "download" off. Otherwise just as it is. What are the options?

Marlis

Quote Originally Posted by cpk View Post
    Hi Marlis

Looks like you need an e-brochure like the ones I produce for my clients. Take a look at http://www.intelligentbrochures.com/ac/04 This works without Flash on PC/MAC/iPad and iPhone. Let me know if this is what you need and I'll tell you the options.

Charles

Hi Marlis - Thought I had posted a reply earlier but something seems to have gone wrong and it hasn't appeared.

There are a number of services which will do this for you but only a few of them offer iPad and iPhone acceptable brochures. I have been creating e-brochures for clients for the past five years. You could try some of the software on offer but again most are Flash based so unsuitable for Apple products. Currently I use Page Flip software which I have purchased and find this the best. If you don't want to invest in and learn the software I can create a digital version (e-brochure) for you for £75.00. It can be published directly to your server space or provided as a folder of files or on a CD. Price would include all embedded hyperlinks working but if you need any added there would be an extra cost of £2.00 per link.
    Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by marlis View Post
    Hi Charles,

Yes - your e-brochure is perfect. I might need to turn "download" off. Otherwise just as it is. What are the options?

Marlis

Thanks Charles. I definitely will keep you in mind for future projects. This one is for a not-for-profit high school crew team. I donate my time to them. The book is part ad book and part yearbook and is their big annual fund raiser. Any ideas on how to do this on-the-cheap for this particular client?

Marlis

Hi Marlis - Thought I had posted a reply earlier but something seems to have gone wrong and it hasn't appeared.

There are a number of services which will do this for you but only a few of them offer iPad and iPhone acceptable brochures. I have been creating e-brochures for clients for the past five years. You could try some of the software on offer but again most are Flash based so unsuitable for Apple products. Currently I use Page Flip software which I have purchased and find this the best. If you don't want to invest in and learn the software I can create a digital version (e-brochure) for you for £75.00. It can be published directly to your server space or provided as a folder of files or on a CD. Price would include all embedded hyperlinks working but if you need any added there would be an extra cost of £2.00 per link.
    Charles

Not to step on Charles' shoes here...feel free to email me and I would be happy to do this for you, gratis. One time, you only type of offer.

mwenz [at] wenzloffandsons [dot] com

If the PDF is over 10 megs, I would desire you upload it to dropbox.com and email me the link.

Take care, Mike

You just beat me to the draw - I was about to make the same offer on a one off basis only. I can be contacted at brochures [at] btinternet.com
    Either way it looks like your problem is resolved Maralis.
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Not to step on Charles' shoes here...feel free to email me and I would be happy to do this for you, gratis. One time, you only type of offer.

mwenz [at] wenzloffandsons [dot] com

If the PDF is over 10 megs, I would desire you upload it to dropbox.com and email me the link.

Take care, Mike

Hi Charles,

Thank you for the offer. Very kind of you. Mike is already working on it. I searched for "Page Flip" and could not find a software product with that name - only Page Flip as a type of product. Could you possibly post a link to the product?

Thnx,
    Marlis

You just beat me to the draw - I was about to make the same offer on a one off basis only. I can be contacted at brochures [at] btinternet.com
    Either way it looks like your problem is resolved Maralis.
    Charles