Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Drag and Drop Problem

Good day. I've had an issue for quite some time that I finally want an answer to. In Designer Pro 6, under Windows 7, running as Administrator, I cannot drag and drop files into the application. Why? I can't open a .xar file by dragging and dropping. I have to go File> Open. I cannot drag and drop basic graphics such as a png or jpg. Does anyone know why?

Thanks for any information that might help!

NOTE: I accidently posted this to Web forum. It's actually for Designer Pro. If an Admin can move the post please that would be great! Thanks!

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

Default Re: Drag and Drop Problem

This is a windows "security feature". You are not allowed to drag and drop files between an application that is running normally and one that is running elevated. The explorer process is running normally so windows doesn't let you drag and drop into DP running as administrator.

The only real solution is to not run DP as administrator. Is there a particular reason why you are?

Gerry

Default Re: Drag and Drop Problem

Thank you Gerri. I've removed the run as administrator. Yes there is a reason. When I first started using DP6 it had an issue with PDF export being available as an option unless the app was running as an admin. It's been set that way since. At least I understand why the drag and drop didn't work. I should have asked a year ago.

While I'm posting, has DP7 gotten better at PDF output for press? We always had output issues with some objects and particularly shadows on our PDF exports.

Thanks again!

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?