Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Cannot change text color

Hi...

I just purchased Xara Web Designer MX premium and have gone through the tutorials and videos. However, I am having problems changing the text color. I have used the selector tool to select the text I want to change the color for, and have clicked on the color selection but it doesn't change color. If I drag the color up to the selection area, it paints the background that color.

Please advise what I am doing wrong. All I did was to add a line saying this website is under construction, but against the background it's too dark. Am including a shot of what I have.

Thanks for any suggestions you can make. Sorry for the dumb question.

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	website text issue.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	88718  

Default Re: Cannot change text color

Highlight your text that you want to change the color.
    If the text box is selected as in your picture above, the easiest way is to triple-click the text to highlight it.
    Then click on the color box on the bottom left.
    Then change the color.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Merlin_AZ; 11 April 2012 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin_AZ View Post
    Highlight your text that you want to change the color.
    If the text box is selected as in your picture above, the easiest way is to triple-click the text to highlight it.
    Then click on the color box on the bottom left.
    Then change the color.
    Hi Merlin....

Thanks for the suggestion. I eventually got it to change like I wanted it to. I'm brand new to this product, and I am still really confused about the setting of the theme colors, and other things like this. I wish there were a manual or something I could refer to in order to help me work through these confusions.

Thanks again.

Dave

Welcome to TalkGraphics Dave

The Help files are pretty inclusive. Plus you can press F1 with any tool selected to bring up context sensitive help for that particular tool. Likewise press the Help button in any menu for context sensitive help with the options for that menu.

If your text is linked for some reason, it may not appear in the color you have tried to change it to.