Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default 3-D 7 Xara small text

Hello all, and currently not in both versions of Xara six and seven, and trying to make a banner with version 7 using the 3-D movie type

text.

When they are created and uploaded to the website for approval they are coming out small and not worth watching.

I had a previous problems and I reset the software which fixed up making normal text size banners.

One person on the same website was using the same software and I contacted him and he said about a particular frame size, but when I

added that to the main program the frame size was smaller than the basic settings. So I cannot see that working.

Banners are now making our coming out fine when uploaded for approval to the website can be viewed on line.

If anybody can enlighten me regarding this one also can try will gladly appreciate it.

I am a Quadriplegic and I enjoy the banner making program greatly.

Thank you for all your previous help in the past to all the members.

Regards Mark

Default Re: 3-D 7 Xara small text

Hello, Mark,
    can you post the x3d file that was giving you the difficulty?

Mike

hello mike I forgot about the message put on the website, I will post it shortly, thank you for your reply

I uploaded a name animation, it is the one I could find quickest, but they all the same anyway only come out small even using Basic settings, when others are using the same thing animation is coming up bigger. Regards Mark PS your globe which are spinning next to your name how did you do that? Think you for your previous help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mark is me test 2.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	88899  

The attached image doesn't really tell me anything, Mark, can you post an .x3d file that is giving you that problem?

Re the spinning globe, here is an article describing how it was made.

Not really a tutorial, and it certainly isn't for the faint-hearted!

Mike

hello Mike, sorry I uploaded the wrong thing by mistake, I was trying to do it quickly and forgot all about using the original 3-D file. I will upload it as soon as I can, I have sent you PM as well regarding few things

Thank you for the previous assistance, regards Mark

No need to apologise, Mark. When you can manage, I'll still be here .

Mike

hello Mike, I had to do them all again as it would have done previously, the other ones were deleted because it did not work like they should have it, so the same space on photo bucket they were deleted

As I said, this is how I would have done them anyway, and the basic settings as you open up the program from brand-new.

I have seen them down on the website and they seem to come out a lot bigger than they show up in a forum window website. Without giving it a website is a bit hard to show you because people had them different emoticons everyday and they would not be there next time. There will be a few pages on.

Anyway I see what you have to say, regards Mark.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mark, the frame size set in the export animation options is user-defined at 640 x 920 for both x3d files. Is that the size you want? When I export the animations without making any changes at all, that is what I get, and if I double-click on the animated gifs they display at that size in both Firefox 11 and in Internet Explorer 9. They seem quite large to me and would dominate most screens. Indeed, my monitor is only 1360 x 768 so I cannot see the whole depth of either image at full size.

Both animations have a lot of dead space in the top third of the image that could be cropped off with a resulting image of about 640 x 640.

If they display too small for you or your customer, that may be down to the browser or tool being used to look at them, or the code that sets the display size for them within the web page? I am not into webpage design, and have no expertise in that area.

Mike