Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Navbar mouseover effect not working

Hi all
    Could one of you gurus please have a look at the "helmets" page on this site and see if you can figure out why the mouseover effect is not working on the navbar:
    http://actionitcs.com/rhok/
    Thanks

Default Re: Navbar mouseover effect not working

Does the page with the non working navbar work ok in preview mode? - if it doesnt my guess would be the "MouseOver" effect is on the wrong layer?.

Nice website by the way

Ray

Thanks for the compliment Ray
    The navbar is on the MouseOff layer, and is set to repeat on all pages. I have actually deleated the navbar from this page, and copy and pasted back on. Still does not work.
    May have something to do with the paypal buttons on that page. Has to be a way around it.
    Glenn

Glenn, as far as i am aware, the elements for the "highlight" action of the navbar should reside in the "MouseOver layer" - these are also usually hidden with a "red eye" in the page and layer gallery, i have seen copy and pasting destroy the layer positions on my own creations for some reason, worth a look - and even the repeat on all pages can screw up. - do you have the nav bar set as a "site navigation bar" in the navbar settings? - not too familiar with the paypal buttons or its possible negative interaction with the navbars.

One of the Gurus will be along soon i have no doubt and offer some more in depth help, the above is what i check for when the navbars play up.

Ray

Thanks for the input Ray
    I have checked, and the elements in both MouseOff and MouseOver seem ok, and appear to be the same on the other pages. The "site navigation bar" is checked already

Just a quickie Glenn, if you think the paypal buttons/link might be the problem - delete them and see if that resolves the problem? - least that will give you an indication of where to look more closely.

OK realised what a dumb suggestion that was as all the buttons are linked to the paypal site... doh maybe easier to post the webfile and let a few people have a look at the page?

(just out of curiousity, are the paypal buttons meant to have any "MouseOver" action to them?)

Ray
    Last edited by Ramshackle; 11 April 2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: added questions

Try to re-upload the entire site. I ran into a graphic problem on my site that had to do with a corrupted upload(publish). Utilities > Web Properties > then the Publish tab > uncheck the box at the bottom that says "re-publish changed files only". Do this for just one publishing session then re-check that box. That will re-publish your entire site in the case of a corrupted upload. Hope this helps.

Peter

The Paypal buttons don't have a mouseover effect, but there are popups associated with the helmet images.
    The effect does not work in live preview, or any of the 3 popular browsers.
    Have re-created the navbar with the same result. Uploading the entire site has not resolved the issue thanks Peter.
    Here is the .xar file:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Actionit

Move your MouseOver layer down to just above the MouseOff.

You have separated the MouseOver and MouseOff by all the other layers.
    In the page and layer gallery, drag the MouseOver layer down and reposition it just above the MouseOff ;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reposition.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	88734

EDIT: Ha, the druid beat me while I was screen-shooting