Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Page Background With Left Border Transparency Positioning Problem

I did download the attachment and it works. I assume you used the Covoxer tweak you referred to earlier. Thanks.

Regarding your comment about the release features, I assume it makes more sense to wait for DP8 than to acquire Wed Designer MX Premium 8 now as an add-on to PGD7.

Yes. the tweak is shown at the top of the work area.

And yes, for most people it does make more sense to wait for the next Designer Pro release.
    But remember that the difference between WD MX Premium and the 'yet to be released sometime in the future' Designer Pro (MX) will be in the drawing tools, the PDF/x exporting, the print imagesetting and separations, the Pantone palettes, additional bitmap tools, Shortcut key configuration, XPS support, Multi-core CPU support and more 'Pro' features like 'Live Copies'.
    Historically the webcentric tooling is the same in Designer Pro and WD Premium.

So, it makes sense only if you want the additional professional illustration features, but if you are just creating websites and don't need the pro illustration and print tools then you may not need Designer Pro at all.

I did download the attachment and it works.. Thank you.

Based on your release comments, sounds like it makes sense to wait for Designer Pro 8 as an upgrade, rather than get Web Designer 7 now, though I don't know what the upgrade pricing differences will be.

I think my point was, Web Designer is a Web Site creation application, Designer Pro is a Vector graphics / illustration application that can also output as HTML. It is first and foremost (and historically) a Vector Graphics Application.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I think my point was, Web Designer is a Web Site creation application, Designer Pro is a Vector graphics / illustration application that can also output as HTML. It is first and foremost (and historically) a Vector Graphics Application.
    From what you've said, and considering my intended use, I think I have all the graphics capabilities I need with Photo and Graphic Designer 7. My best bet may be to just go ahead and get Web Designer MX v 8 for $49, which may be some of the website building tasks easier (like navbars). Then if need be, I can use the graphics capabilities of Photo & Graphic Designer, but use WD (8) to pull it all together in creating the website.