Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Page Background With Left Border Transparency Positioning Problem

I am a new user of Photo & Graphic Designer 7 trying to create a new website and preserve some of the characteristics of my existing website at www.davidwindstrom.com.

I copied the jpg graphic used for the background of the old website, and imported it into the bitmap gallery, and used it for the page background in Xara. This bitmap has a fading transparency to the left to leave room for vertical navigator buttons. During page preview, when widening the browser width to the right, the central portion (darker) section of the image populates the left side, rather than preserving the actual left (transparent) portion of the graphic. As you can see if you go to the old website, this does not happen. (If you pull the browser window far enough to the right it simply duplicates the whole graphic, which is fine).

I have even tried creating filled rectangles in Xara, filled transparency on the left side of the graphic, and used that as a background page. The same thing happens. How do I get it not to do this?

I have a attached a little .xar file that has both of these bitmaps in it (the imported one and the one created in Xara). If you select either one as a page background, and then do a page preview (or export html), you will see this phenomenon.

I have looked in the documentation and done searches but can find no answer to this. Thank you for any help!

David W
    Attached Files Attached Files