Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Various photos I've taken recently :o)

Here are just a few photos I've taken over the past 5 to 6 months that I particularly like. I literally have thousands and thousands of photos on my hard drive I haven't even had the time to sort through much less, format (the cream of the crop of course)

This male hummingbird represents hours and hours of patience and thousands of photos. I did capture a number of other exquisite shots as well but have not yet formatted them. Taken sometime last week when I was house sitting in Mississippi.

This dragon fly was also taken while house sitting last week. I have sooo many photos of dragon flies, beautiful lizards, etc. to format yet from my 10 day stay. Their property is located in a national park next to a lake.

I was also taking care of their pets. 8 dogs and 2 cats. LOL Here is 2 shots of their foundation male "V-1 Kreislauf Zidane, SG, SCHH I Kkl1a" HD - a fast normal (a) ED - Normal

This photo below was taken on March 17, 2011 of my German Shepherd puppy "Emma" (Blue Sapphire's Southern Belle) The pick of our 2010 Christmas Eve litter which we held back for our lines. She was 12 weeks in this photo.

The next set of photos were taken at or around scenic areas of Lake Guntersville Park in North Alabama, including the shot of the moon which was taken on March 19, 2011 when it was the brightest it had been in many years. The old house was an abandoned structure we encountered on the drive home. I made my fiancee make an illegal U turn on the rural highway as it literally called to me. I furiously snapped photos of it from all angles as the moment I saw it I could envision it with a "Time Machine" filter applied to it. I used 2 different time machine filters on two different shots of it taken from completely different angles.

The shots of lights reflecting across the body of water was me having fun with the "no flash" setting which created a really cool effect when we left the lodge to go eat dinner and walked down to the nearby boat docks in town at night. It created a very cool effect.

Hope I didn't overload this page!!! Love photography and finally got a DSLR camera last November ( Canon Rebel T21 - 550D ) and while I am still working with the starter lens kit I hope to afford a nicer lens soon.

~Darlene~
    IP

Default Re: Various photos I've taken recently :o)

Very nice photos Darlene I like the all.

Old buildings fascinate me, so that caught my eye.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Thank you very much Soquili Old buildings fascinate me as well and I literally went into what can only be described as a semi-catatonic state as we drove into view of it. In my mind I clearly saw it already formatted with the a sepia tone or similar and loudly said, "STOP!!!" My fiancee looks at me like I'm nuts and said, "Are you serious?" I didn't need to answer him as by then I had unsnapped my seat belt and was halfway in the back seat retrieving my camera bag. LOL He made the U-turn and parked in the dirt on the side of that quiet rural freeway. I don't think the car was completely stopped before I was out the door with the lens cap off staring at the house and pacing all around it stopping to stare again, framing it in my mind, looking for "the shot". LOL I took many photos on my stomach in the tall grass and earned myself a lone star tick embedded in the back of my leg for my troubles which I discovered hours after we returned home. At which time I completely freaked out. Hahahaha!

~Darlene~
    IP

Thanks for posting them. The shack is my favourite, followed by the last shot. My pet hate is seeing sloping horizons - I always straighten my images first!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Thanks for posting them. The shack is my favourite, followed by the last shot. My pet hate is seeing sloping horizons - I always straighten my images first!

LOL You're welcome. I do adore the old house. My current favorite is the hummingbird and the up close facial shot of Zidane Which was a total accident. I was holding the stick for him in my left hand (playing fetch) while he was in a sit-stay while I shot off a few photos on burst mode with my right hand and forgot my lens was zoomed to max. Ended up loving how that shot came out and then applied the noise reduction tool for fun which gave him this soft teddy bear appearance. Funny about your pet peeve! I never take 1 shot of anything. There is always at least 2 dozen if not more of anything I shoot. Many times there can be close to 100 or more as I love continuous mode for anything that may be moving (I enjoy shooting living creatures, oddly enough, none of them human.... LOL) A 30 minute photo shoot with just two of my own 7 German Shepherds out running can produce easily 300 photos. LOL

But I do get lost in shooting flowers and scenery and can spend hours hiking, walking, or driving around scenic areas looking for shots. I'll climb on top of anything for a better vantage point, lean over stuff, get down on my stomach to shoot upwards, angle my camera partly sideways, etc. To me many times an angled shot is more appealing for some reason than the same exact shot straight on. I never know until I import them and sort through them. The ones I format seem to always jump out at me.

~Darlene~
    IP

Great shots, I also have a fascination with old homes and barns. Keep up the great work and posting. I hate to ask, but where were these taken, I have a friend who lives in VA, and he gets great shots of barns and homes such as yours.

Merv
    IP

Lovely pics. May you have many more "good days" ahead. Chuck
    IP

Thank you both very much Ontos, the shots of the old structure was taken while we were driving home from a weekend at Lake Guntersville Lodge in NE Alabama. So it was on some HWY between there and our home in Henagar, AL. Wish I could be more specific but I can get lost in a paper bag. LOL This is why I have a GPS in my car and Mark does all the driving whenever we go anyplace. If I have to go far by myself that GPS is my lifeline. LOL A few of the photos were taken in Mississippi (Large Male GSD, hummingbird, Dragonfly), and the GSD puppy is ours and photo was taken behind our own home between our property and my brother-in-laws property The large waterfalls was a stop we also made on the way home from Lake Guntersville, which is only about 45 minutes from our home.

~Darlene~

~Darlene~
    IP

Great work, enjoyed them all!
    IP

Really nice Darlene I am fascinated by old structures also. I love your photos of them and I really like the close up of the Dog (German Shepard?) I think that one is exceptional.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP