Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Point and Click wizardry

I'm no photographer and Santa this year brought me a nice point and click camera. Yesterday we went to the Harry Potter Studio Tour, outside london. At the end of the tour you get to go through the wand room - the walls have wand boxes in racks (anyone whose seen the films will understand), one for everyone associated with the film - the actors, writers, crew, etc.

It's a room lit for atmosphere rather than photography. It was crowded, not particularly well lit for photographs, but the crowd parted and I managed to get the guide pointing to some of the wands, and a clear view of the wall. So I took my photograph. It's my favourite from the day.

There's too much detail on the labels and the camera didn't capture it perfectly, but I am so pleased that I could get this image from a point and click, without flash or tripod in what was a reasonably dark room. Thank you Sony!

I'm not claiming any artistic merit for this - I just like the picture. If anyone's curious, it's a Sony HX9V. It does fantastic HD video too.

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPWands2.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	88704   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPWands_b.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	88707  

Last edited by pauland; 10 April 2012 at 04:58 PM.
    IP