Dear Xara

Please can you port/write a version of Xara Designer Pro for Android (or iOS?)

Background:
I have been looking at a high resolution, lightweight ultra-portable laptop and I can only conclude that the future of Windows is screwed.

I have been looking at the best resolutions and weights for laptops and clearly the Apple iPad is WAY ahead of anything that runs Windows. But personally I hate the closed 'big brother' world of Apple with a passion. I particularly hate not being able to upgrade your RAM, or replace your battery (dont get me started)... But I am thinking that it can only a matter of a few months before the spec of Android tablets catch up.

As you will no doubt know, the latest iPad has *1 million* more pixels than the highest resolution laptop that money can buy. AND it weighs less than half the weight, AND it is less than half the cost. (!)
i.e. The New iPad (v3) weighs 662g, has a screen of 3MP (2048x1550) and only costs GBP 559. Moreover the iPad has an "instant on" facility that makes Windows devices look like dynosaurs!

Whereas the majority of existing lightweight Windows-running laptops on the market tend to only run 1366x768 screens and frankly your're doing extremely well to beat 1.2 Kg!
e.g. Dell XPS 17 L702X has a screen res of 1920x1080, but weighs 3.6Kg
e.g. Sony Z also do 1920x1080 but they cost well over GBP1,500 as well as weighing about twice the iPad.

But how hard can it be for tablet manufactures to catch up?

I'm not sure about iOS... - even though I notice that most blue-chip corporates now use them regularly - but I reckon Android will eventually replace Windows completely. So go on Xara - are you going to be ready?

J