Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Eye Candy Plug in not recognized in XD Pro 7

I tried putting it in its own directory and adding it in options...won't show up in plugin list.
    I tried putting it in the same directory with Xenofex which works - Eye candy won't show up in plugin list
    I tried putting Eye Candy in the PSPlugins of the XD Pro 7 directory - still won't show up
    My other machine uses Vista and it works on that machine...but not Win7 Home Premium
    Anyone know the solution?

Default Re: Eye Candy Plug in not recognized in XD Pro 7

Works fine here in DP7 on Windows & Pro.
    I just added it to the PS Plugins location setup in options. Done.

Maybe you need to start DP7 as Administrator to make sure the registry can be written to? Try that.

Yes, thanks, I neglected to mention I tried the Administrator route and it still doesn't show. I have deleted it and am looking for the exact steps necessary to get these plugins to work. Anyone have any idea? I have seen other messages here many of which deal with Eye Candy specifically so there is something not right. Any other ideas?

Which version of Eye Candy are you installing?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Ok, problem solved. I deleted Eye Candy totally, re-installed it to the PSPlugin directory in Xara, started Xara as Administrator and now it shows. Evidently, the Xenofex plugins can be put anywhere but Eye Candy is fussy on where it is located. Xenofex also didn't require any administrator start to be listed. Hope that helps someone else in the future. Thanks!