Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can I download files from the server using Xara web designer

Hi Guys,

Im very new to web design, I design my website myself but have another company doing the SEO of the website. They want to do work on the website and then upload it to the server.

Is there a way for me to then download these files from the server into my Xara website file?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Don

Default Re: Can I download files from the server using Xara web designer

No... basically.

Xara Web Designer is not a HTML editor (it is a HTML generator) which means you cannot import a website back into Designer once it has been exported.
    If you have the most recent version, you can import the graphics and layout, but no links or special html (which may have been in placeholders) or working navbars.

In short, rather than paying some SEO chaps, try to learn a little more about good SEO so you can add the best content to your site as you design it.
    Of course SEO is more than just good content, but it's not difficult to find out what makes search engines happy and what helps your site get to at least page one on Google (et al).

Thanks for the advise and info. Do you know any good links about seo on xara?

Thanks

There is nothing specific to Xara about SEO that isn't important for any system which lets you build a website.
    Start by having a read of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) at Google Webmaster Tools.

You can get a daily lesson in SEO for nothing from Jennifer Kyrnin
    from the 'About' site ... easy to understand and effective.

There's also lots more regarding web design etc.

I've used this site for just about any subject you can think of and recommend it.

http://webdesign.about.com/

Quote Originally Posted by frightful View Post
    I hate that site. It's about advertising first, content second.

A quick google took me here: http://www.v1seo.co.uk/11/seo-tips/ but there are a ton of similar sites.

Most of the SEO advice you really need is already on TG.

The biggest mistake to make would be to imagine that a few wise words on a page will propel you automatically to a high google rank - it won't. Successful sites promote themselves through other sites, word of mouth, existing clients, social networking, etc. Google is as interested in who refers to you as in your content.

Paul